Macbook Pro's In January?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by byttle, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. byttle macrumors member

    byttle

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    #1
    Well we had many rumors about the Macbook Pro's update in January, but now that they have been updated, (refreshed seems like the better word) so are we stuck (not a bad 'stuck') with what we have now? or will there still be something really nice to wait for in the possible January update?
     
  2. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #2
    I rather they wait for the Penryn chips than to speedbump the line now (and then we are well and truly stuck).
     
  3. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

    Brianstorm91

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location:
    Cambridge, UK
    #3
    It will be an injustice if both the MacBook and MacBook Pro lines aren't properly updated at MacWorld in January.
     
  4. byttle thread starter macrumors member

    byttle

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    #4
    Apple is tearing at my soul with these..."updates"... this will be my first mac :D
     
  5. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

    MarlboroLite

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    the 13 colonies
    #5
    It's pretty stupid to keep waiting and waiting and waiting...something new is always a few months away. At some point you have to buy, and today's MBP's are probably the fastest laptops of any kind in the world and would surely last you 3-4 years. If they come out with the Penryn versions in January, inevitably there will be a rumor that Nehalem ones should come out in May...and on and on and on. Just buy it if you need/want it. If you don't then yeah you can keep waiting forever but at some point you will have to buy or get stuck waiting for the next computer a few months away.

    I have been using a mammoth 9 lb PCG Vaio series with Pentium 4 (!!!) that came out in 12/03...I bought it in May of '04 and it's pretty much served its purpose and I will be switching to Mac either this month or next and I'm not waiting for Penryn or the next or the next. Compared with my (what seems) medieval computer, a Santa Rosa MBP will be light years ahead and it's more than enough for what I need.
     
  6. MarsianMan macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    #6
    I feel the exact same way; now I don't know whether to buy now or wait until january....anyone think that they will update again in january?
     
  7. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

    Brianstorm91

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location:
    Cambridge, UK
    #7
    If I give in and buy, no; if I hold out, definately :)
     
  8. schreck macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2007
    Location:
    New England
    #8
    You can barely even call the regular MacBooks "refreshed." You'd be ridiculous to call the MacBook Pro a "refreshed item." All they did was add some options for them to earn some more money. The models themselves were totally unchanged.

    It'd be one hundred percent ludicrous if they do not totally update them at MWSF.
     
  9. droo94 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2007
    #9
    13.3" LED MBP's in Jan 2008! Or at least, I can dream about it... :)
     
  10. MarsianMan macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    #10
    *orgasm*:D
     
  11. bld44 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2007
    #11
    Wow, a refresh today and you're ALREADY taking about the next update?! :rolleyes:
     
  12. droo94 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2007
    #12
    Does the 2.6Ghz option "count" as a refresh? I wonder if/how it will be reflected in the BG.

    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro
     
  13. MarsianMan macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    #13
    I think schreck was right, this barely qualifies as a refresh for the MacBook Pro. It isn't even an upgrade at all for the lower end MBP model. I will stick with the 'true' hardware refresh in January.
     
  14. byttle thread starter macrumors member

    byttle

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    #14
    i meant the word "refreshed" to be a minor upgrade and the word "update" to be a more advanced upgrade... just saying :rolleyes:
     
  15. MarsianMan macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    #15
    Does apple usually do "refreshes" and then still do "updates"? Does the buyers guide follow the "refreshes" or the "updates" or both?
     
  16. jbg232 macrumors 65816

    jbg232

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2007
    #16
    Yeah, I had the same question. I mean why would macrumors not update their buying advice page if they do not consider this a revision? But I have never followed the numbers this much so....

    IS THIS AN OFFICIAL REVISION OR CAN WE EXPECT ANOTHER AT MACWORLD IN JANUARY FOR MACBOOK PROS?
     
  17. Smurfed macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2007
    #17
    The MBP's werent updated at all, just added BTO options on the store.

    Pray for a true update in january.
     
  18. rnava macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #18
    Sooo what now??

    So does anyone foresee an update for the MBP 17"?? i know everyones hoping for the addition of a 12/13" or whatever. But would that really be the only update/upgrade?

    i guess im asking, im ready to buy the MBP 17" today, but i can wait, i dont want to but i will if something worthwile comes up. if all thats gonna happen is a smaller version, then id rather purchase now.

    im primarily concerned with updates either specifically with the MBP 17 or MBPs across the board.

    can anyone provide insights? suggestions??
     
  19. fewture macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2006
    #19

    We don't need to pray. There will be an update for the Macbook Pro's in January with the new Penryn CPU and maybe new redesign (probably likely if they are introducing a new sub notebook MBP - would probably see all of them with new design

    Macbook Pros have to have the latest CPU, and Apple is likely to get the latest stock before any1 else.
    The current extra upgrade to 2.6 was merely to sweeten sales for the holiday season till January.

    This was not a Macbook Pro refresh.

    However I doubt there there will be Macbook refresh again till April/May next year.
     
  20. jbg232 macrumors 65816

    jbg232

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2007
    #20
    Here's the intel road map just as a refresher. Here's hoping for new mbp's in january!
     

    Attached Files:

  21. machatch macrumors regular

    machatch

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Location:
    depends
    #21
    waiting issues..

    hmm..you're funny:D.i hope so..hope they dont wait untill mars ore somethin for the new MBP..im planning to buy a laptop in january..i dont want to wait any longer..it's just that when you buy a lapto it's gonna last a couple of years..so it would be nice it's up to date specs/standard of it's time..
    :apple::apple:
     
  22. noodle654 macrumors 68020

    noodle654

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2005
    Location:
    Never Ender
    #22
    I am holding out for MWSF...the update better be godly or I will be pissed. It better be the most ridiculous update ever created by Apple
     
  23. schreck macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2007
    Location:
    New England
    #23
    I understand that one hundred percent. An added BTO option is just that..an option. It is in no way a refresh-due to the fact that they're not switching out any hardware as the models are all still the EXACT same. Typically refreshes refer to minor changes in the main models with increased performance at the same (or better) price. What happened here? Another way for Apple to make money off of a BTO option.
     
  24. viperguy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2005
    #24
    Agreed.
    Wanted a MB but since we still have combo drives in it.... :rolleyes:
    I feel better saving for the MBP till January. Or even later... I don't "need" a laptop now, probably not even next year, so I'm in no hurry.
    Worth it.
     
  25. mikeheenan macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2007
    #25
    I needed a MBP to finish up a project asap, so I broke down and bought the 17" HD vers last Saturday. I'm not disappointed in the least about my decision either. I'm only very slightly disappointed that there's now a 250gb optional hard drive, but the problem is since I bought in the Apple store, I had to go with the stock model anyways, so I have a 160gb 7200rpm hard drive. It'll be a long while before that's close to being full anyways so I guess I shouldn't care too much. Now if they added a BR disc drive as an option I'd be sorted of ticked off, but otherwise couldn't be happier.
     

Share This Page