Macbook Pro's Logic Board

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Donald., Feb 8, 2012.

1. Donald. macrumors newbie

I'm a regular reader of these forums but I rarely post ( I know, I should change that). Anyways, today I'm faced with some questions that I would like to have answered.

I have a MacBook Pro last non-unibody model (late '09?) that had its logic board replaced in February '11 (at NO CHARGE!!! I love Apple). I also have a early '11 MacBook Pro that now has a faulty logic board and needs repair. Unfortunately I don't live in a country where Apple has authorized repair shops or something similar so none of the shops here will accept my computer warranty. I was wondering if there is any chance that the logic board of the old MacBook Pro would work in the new one and thus avoids me the trouble of spending about $1000 to fix it.

Thank you.

2. simsaladimbamba

It will not work, as they are completely different models and also have a completely different layout.

How did you get your non-Unibody model (models before late 2008) repaired with no Apple authorised repair shop?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope won't fit, apple has changed the layout and dimensions of the logic board to a degree that the older logic board will not fit the current model.

4. Donald. thread starter macrumors newbie

I see... Thank you all for the answer.

I got it fixed while I was travelling in Holland.