MacBook Pros vs "rev-after-them" MacBooks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Jul 28, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hey there... Just wondering... How do you think Penryn MBPs will fare performance-wise versus the new and coming Montevina MacBooks? And how about the graphics capabilities?

2. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

They're gonna have the same processors. So that performance will be the same. The new DDR3 memory, if implemented will also have very similar performance. The graphics performance depends on what graphics chip Apple decides to implement.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

In the MacBooks? x4500. You can take that to the bank. Do it quickly before more of them go under.

4. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well the new MacBooks are gonna use the X4500.... But the performance is gonna have slightly faster Penryn chips and also a faster 1066MHz FSB as opposed to 800MHz.

5. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

Ah, he meant MacBooks. Yes, they always have integrated graphics. One of the main price differentiators.

I believe the GMA-X4500HD has some issues at this point. That was the whole reason they pushed the Centrino launch.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are dozens of existing threads on speculations such as this. The bottom line is, no one but Apple knows for certain what Apple will release or when. No one in these forums has a crystal ball. Just because Intel releases a chip, doesn't necessarily mean that Apple will put that chip in a particular or any model.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Also we might end up with a nForce chipset or something, so it's possible that MacBooks could end up with an integrated GeForce or Radeon.

8. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmm... Could... but it probably would be a standard graphics card, like the old iBooks used to have. Otherwise it would kind of defeat some of the market for the MBPs

9. dean1012 macrumors regular

I have a crystal ball... (literally)... I just don't know how to read it :( If I did, i'd forsee how i'm going to buy a MBP in the first place.