Macbook Pro's warranty

brianlhp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Will I lost the warranty if I open my MBP's back cover and change the RAM??
Although I will change it back if I take it to repare.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Macsavvytech

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2010
Will I lost the warranty if I open my MBP's back cover and change the RAM??
Although I will change it back if I take it to repare.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
You don't need to change the RAM back, RAM is an upgradeable part in any Unibody Macbook Pro, I'm not sure about non unibody models. A simple Google Search could have returned this answer (For future reference).

brianlhp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Hong Kong
You don't need to change the RAM back, RAM is an upgradeable part in any Unibody Macbook Pro, I'm not sure about non unibody models. A simple Google Search could have returned this answer (For future reference).
Mine one is a Uni body model.
But are you sure that Apple accept you to change the hardware yourself??
If yes, why don't they let us to JB!
XD

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Mine one is a Uni body model.
But are you sure that Apple accept you to change the hardware yourself??
If yes, why don't they let us to JB!
XD
Upgrading the RAM is fine with Appe, won't void the warranty in itself. However, if you break anything when you are doing it that isn't covered.

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
they don't stop you from jailbreaking either...
One funny thing to note is that when I went to the Apple store recently and asked the Genius about his opinion on Jailbreaking, he said 'uhhhh, what dude? I don't know what that is, or what it does (smirk.)'

To the OP, no, it doesn't void warranty. However, if you bring in for a repair, say battery, motherboard, or any other internal parts, they could blame you on opening your computer in a very humid room where moisture could have got in and caused the trouble. If I were you, I would just put it back JUST IN CASE so that I won't have to face additional troubles.

brianlhp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Hong Kong
One funny thing to note is that when I went to the Apple store recently and asked the Genius about his opinion on Jailbreaking, he said 'uhhhh, what dude? I don't know what that is, or what it does (smirk.)'

To the OP, no, it doesn't void warranty. However, if you bring in for a repair, say battery, motherboard, or any other internal parts, they could blame you on opening your computer in a very humid room where moisture could have got in and caused the trouble. If I were you, I would just put it back JUST IN CASE so that I won't have to face additional troubles.

Thank you very much.