MacBook pros won't connect to home wifi but iOS does???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jigsawjammer, May 9, 2011.

1. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

Hi all- I could use some help with this one. Ok- I have an older pro and my wife has a newer one. I took my pro to my parents and everything is ok. I came home and my pro will not connect to my wifi. My iPhone, wife's phone, iPad and apple tv (newest) can connect to wifi. I took my pro to work and it works fine. Now, my wife and my pros won't connect but everything else does. I unplugged everything and restarted but no luck. What's up??? Thanks.

2. Jigsawjammer thread starter macrumors regular

3. dxerboy macrumors member

My 2011 had issues with my Belkin N wireless router. It was choppy and sometimes wouldn't connect. Prob some settings I could have tweaked, but just switched with a Linksys router and it's been fine.

Maybe it's a router/compatibility issue?

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

My father-in-law had a Netgear router, that I couldn't connect to with my MBP (both my 2009 or 2011). If I reset the router I could connect for awhile, and then ultimately no longer let me connect. Absolutely frustrating. To fix the issue, I installed dd-wrt on it and we haven't had an issue since. I am fairly certain my iPad had no issues with his network, just my MBP.

5. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Did you physically unplug the router, wait 30 seconds then reconnect it? I find sometimes it's not enough to just restart the routers but that you have to unplug them. You would want to reboot the devices too after restarting the router if they still don't work.