Macbook protection/case/sleeve help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tomatoking, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Tomatoking macrumors newbie

Looking for some type of protection for my macbook. I don't think i want a a notebook book bag,because they're too expensive. i was thinking of getting a sleeve from apple.com; the ones that are usually 35 bucks. Does it offer enough protection? I'll be placing it in a regular book bag. Also, I'll be using it for college. I wont be throwing it around or anything, lol. thanks!

2. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Get the Incase neoprene sleeve for your Macbook.

I own it myself, and it's great. Slips right into a backpack with all my other college books, and yet offers complete protection from both my books, and any drops or scratches. Fits like a glove. :cool:

Edit: BTW, I ride my bike to college, and trust my case enough to carry my Macbook with me. And the case is just $35, and yet of the utmost quality.

3. macme29 macrumors newbie

4. applecupcakes macrumors member

applecupcakes

I also have an Incase Neoprene sleeve for my 13" Macbook. I love it! It slides right in, gives it lots of protection, and doesn't add any extra bulk. You can buy them from the Apple store, from goincase.com if you live in the States, but I bought mine from Futureshop for around 37$.

5. eleef macrumors newbie

I am currently waiting for my memory foam case to arrive from Isis Dei. It was a litte more expensive than the neoprene case, so i guess it'll offer just a bit more protection. Plus, the design is great.

6. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Well, I've seen some notebook bags at Wal*Mart pretty cheap... but they're not exactly fashionable.

Just get one of those sleeves and throw it in your backpack. I leave my MB unprotected, and it still looks new. Plus my backpack has a section for papers that my MB just fits in.

7. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I am a particular fan of the sleeves available at www.sfbags.com -- waterfield designs. Good price, great quality, excellent customer service, customisable, etc. I use one for my macbook in almost any bag I choose to carry - even a canvas tote. Check them out!