macbook protection film

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mgn, Apr 19, 2008.

1. mgn macrumors newbie

anyone know any macbook protection film?
    ive seen some online such as appleez, bodyguards, invisible shield, etc.
    but i am not sure if they are good buys since i am worried that it might leave any residue when i take them off.
    i thought of buying a clear case, but there are alot of reviews that say that it scratches the macbook easily.
    which one should i get? since white macbooks get easily scratched due to its plastic design.

any advice?

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I have a full-body shield from bestskinsever.com and it's great, just like the invisible shield ones but a lot cheaper, and they won't leave any residue.

3. iHusky macrumors newbie

"and it wont leave any residue" is not true. When I got my macbook last summer I put an apple peel on it. After about 2 months the covers on the palm rests started to yellow, so I decided to take them off. I tried to do it slowly, but I still ended up with a ton of residue. I ended up taking lighter fluid to it to get it all off. Just a warning..

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

A hair dryer also does the trick on messy adhesive residues - warm up the skin lightly while peeling and it will be a dream to remove.

I recommend uniqueskins.com - I think they only do the skins for the top lid. If you use code 25off, you can get 25% off (tricky code, eh?).

5. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I'm not sure what apple peel is , but the bestskinsever definitely don't leave any residue, I had to redo the top part of mine and there was no residue whatsoever.

6. iHusky macrumors newbie

the outside parts came off no problem, it was the part where you wrest your palms.

i just suggest you think hard about how much of a difference the protector is really going to make. (hint - not much of one)

7. mgn thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i have the protectors for the keyboard, trackpad, and the one for the wrists
    then im only thinking of the outer protectors.
    which i am not really sure if i wanna get one.
    since i have a sleeve already for the macbook.

8. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

I've got a Macbook and don't see the need for any protection. Neither
    did my previous ibook of 4.5 years.