Macbook Protection

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maxthedrummer, Jan 22, 2008.

1. maxthedrummer macrumors newbie

So i just bought a new black macbook the other day. I was wondering if anyone knows of some good keyboard protectors. Considering I emptied my bank account for this computer I would hate to have a bunch of dirt,dust, and oil mess it up. I have already looked at the silicone iSkin for Macbooks which is kind of what I'm looking for. Unfortunately it says it is not fully compatible with the November 2007 Macbooks which is what I have. If you guys could provide some links to different products that would be great. Thanks.

2. maxthedrummer thread starter macrumors newbie

Another Question

I also was wondering if there is any type of protection for the trackpad. I noticed my friends was all shiny due to wear and oil. I know I probably sound picky but I just want to protect my expensive purchase. By the way I love my Macbook.

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Protect it for the next guy? Stop worrying and use it the way God intended - naked! (the MacBook, not you).;)

4. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

iSkin has keyboard skins
    MarWare has palm rest protectors and keyboard cloths
    SkinStyler has trackpad skins

5. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

the blackbook will get greasy no matter what... thats why I sold it and bought a white one, couldn't stand it.

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Seriously; what are you saving it for? It's like buying a couch and leaving the plastic wrapping on to preserve it. :D