macbook,protective glossy screen taken off?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by timestoby, Mar 27, 2009.

1. timestoby macrumors 6502

i em just now watchn coop on revision three and one of they guys has a new macbook but i see that he doesnt have the black boarder around it like the next guy hes sitn next to. you can see that the glossy bit would just fit in and now his screen is a matte finish.

so can you take this bit off and isnt that cheap of apple just to have like a glossy spec thing to make ur screen look glossy when its matte underneath?

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I would imagine that its not just a removal of the 'glossy bit'. TechRestore offers this sort of surgery for Macbooks: http://www.techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18498&cat=390&page=1

They remove the glass and the LCD screen, replace the screen with an equivalent matte screen, and fit a custom made bezel replacement.

Just removing the glass doesn't give you that result.

3. timestoby thread starter macrumors 6502

well,there wasnt the black boarder and you could see where the camera was.so i wonder if its matte underneth that glass thing.

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

There's a thread around here somewhere about a guy replacing his black bezel with a custom made silver one.
    I think he might have even replaced the screen to. I dont really remember.

5. timestoby thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

this is wot it looks like,the one on the right. it is the macbook cause in the video it shows from the back and you can tell by the keyboard.

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

That looks to be the 17" MBP. They offer a matte option which replaces the black bezel with a silver one.

7. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I was just gonna say thats a Pro!
    The screen is for sure bigger than the MacBook to the left.

8. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I think that the one on the left is a 15" Pro and the one on the right is a 17" Pro with the matte-screen option only available on the 17".

9. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

That's what I'm seeing as well. You can see the speaker grille on the left one, and the right one has a bigger screen so it must be the 17" matte.