Macbook purchase dilema...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bayresident, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. Bayresident macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2008
    #1
    Hello there, this is my first post here. As of late, I've been craving a laptop. Granted, I'm only going to be a high school senior next year but I'm still looking for one. After the shotty reviews of Vista, and actually looking into Mac, I've fallen in love with the Macbook. However, reading these forums, I've come across a dilema.

    I want to purchase a black macbook as soon as I can, but reading some of the rumors around this site, it seems like it might pay to wait until June to make a purchase.

    What do you suggest? Is the june update, if there is one, going to be enough to make me regret buying one of the February updated macbooks?

    Thanks!
     
  2. techound1 macrumors 68000

    techound1

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2006
    #2
    The proponents of latest-and-greatest will boo me for this :), but I suggest getting it now. You can always play the "but a new one is about to come out" game. A couple of extra months playing with your new tool will be worth it.
     
  3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

    thejadedmonkey

    Joined:
    May 28, 2005
    Location:
    Pa
    #3
    But on the flip side, If you get one now, and it's updated in a 45 days, you might get annoyed with yourself.
     
  4. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

    iknowyourider

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    onanorthboundtrain
    #4
    Get it now and don't look back. You can enjoy it now. If you really like the blackbook you may be glad to get it before it is discontinued. The june-or-whenever updates will probably come in october and the blackbook may be replaced with aluminum. Plus there may be some bugs to work out of the coming updates.
     
  5. marbles macrumors 68000

    marbles

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2008
    Location:
    EU mostly
    #5


    If you need it now I would buy it now , IF not, and your happy with what you have , I would wait , simple answer , but true :)
     
  6. jonswan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #6
    If you've fallen in love with the Blackbook - and many do - then buy it before they replace it. June is the developers' conference + it's unlikely - in my opinion - for them to update them as soon as that. People talk about Q3, which means July onwards, so July-Sept looks more reasonable. I think if they did it in June they'd have a lot of disgruntled recent purchasers.

    The only reasons to wait for the new ones are if you can wait, or if you want to choose between the two. The Blackbooks will then get refurb discounts... but don't count on you being one of the ones to snap one up as they'll be going like hotcakes.
     
  7. Bayresident thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2008
    #7
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I've decided to get a black macbook sometime in the following week. I hope my experience switching from Windows to Mac will be a good one!
     

Share This Page