Macbook purchase & updates

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JBourne, Jan 26, 2008.

  1. JBourne macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    #1
    After saving up i have the sufficient funds to buy a Macbook. At the moment i would really like to buy it, but using my head I know that it is not a emergency.

    This because I would really like the latest update version of the notebook as a student (more value for money).

    I checked the buyers guide, saying its in a neutral state. But I read several rumours stating a update is coming up.


    My question is due when is the next update for the Macbook roughly?

    thank you


    Jason Bourne
     
  2. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Location:
    Fredericton NB Canada
    #2
    Just after you buy yours....................
     
  3. Baba Ganoush macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2007
    #3
    I say if you want to wait, just wait for the next update then jump on that puppy. :p
     
  4. Domofloge macrumors regular

    Domofloge

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #4
    Thats usually what happens. lol. Ehhh there is no definitive answer to your question. Sorry dude. :confused:
     
  5. SouthPhillyPT macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2008
    #5
    Same Thing

    I have the same issue. As a newbie and mac convert, I still am waiting for the next update for the MacBook line (not the MacBook Pro's). According to posts, the last update for the MacBook line was last November 2007. The only rumored update at this time would be for the MacBook Pro which may be the track pad.

    Personally, I will wait up to about May. If you can wait, then wait. :apple:
     
  6. JBourne thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    #6
    ok thanks

    but the problem is I dont want to wait like 2-5 months.
     
  7. JBourne thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    #7
    thank you for contribution

    similair state of mind except for the MAY part.
    May is to far and to long for me to wait.
     
  8. JBourne thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    #8
    the last time the MacbookPro was updated, at the same time the Macbook was updated right?
     
  9. JBourne thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
  10. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

    skyrider007

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Location:
    Bangkok
  11. lauriechelt macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2007
    Location:
    The UK
    #11
    Hahahaha ;)
     
  12. ViveLeLivre macrumors regular

    ViveLeLivre

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2006
    #12
    Buy it. I doubt you'll see a new MacBook 3 months from now.

    Also, the updated processor will probably be in the 2.4ghz range, not a huge jump from the current proc. Graphics card won't get any better, and the RAM and hard drive can always be upgraded.
     
  13. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2007
    Location:
    Shanghai, China
    #13
    In my opinion, i think you'll be looking at around mid-may for a macbook update. The macbook has always been updated in november and may. If it's a total redesign they may want to wait until WWDC in the summer, or simply update it in May and have a total redesign in November for the christmas season. I doubt they'll update it in May and then again at WWDC, so if you can wait til May and there is an update, get it ;)
     
  14. starman0147 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    #14
    Looking at the updating process the Macbook wont be updated till at least May and even then it probably wont be a huge update, I expect a speed bump to 2.4 and 2gb ram as standard with the same graphics. For a complete overhaul in design I reckon you will have to wait till November or MacWorld 2009. So in short if you need it now buy it, if not wait.
    For me I am waiting as I don’t really need a new laptop now so am holding out till the Montevina MBP is here:D
     
  15. ivan1234 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2007
    #15
    just buy the current one and enjoy it. it was updated not too long ago and its a great computer. :cool:
     
  16. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    #16
    Just buy it i think too. I'm about to order one myself and have asked the same questions. If you buy it now, and it's updated in 5 months then it's a little gutting but not too bad. And if you wait 4 months, and buy...it may well be updated a month later and then you'll be devastated!

    If you're not willing to wait more then a few months, i'd just buy it now.
     
  17. gyumilly macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2007
    #17
    I was in the same boat for about a year. After MWSF08, I bought MB. If you look at the specs, the next update will come to MBP not MB. It doesn't makes sense that the current line of MBP has the same SR as MB. After that there will be MB in my opinion, but it'll be 6 months at least. Even then, MB will be likely to have Penryn, which is not much different from SR at least I think.

    Montevina is, however, a different story. When will we see that one on MB? You have to wait close to 10-11 months.

    If you want a MB, not a bad idea to buy. If you want a MBP, I would wait.
     

Share This Page