Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Genoa12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
i have always thought i would be getting the MBP but i dont think im going to be doning any video editing so i think the mb is an option. would now be a good time to get one/

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Why does everyone think Apple is going to update their notebook line at Photokina?? Updates to their LCDs? Sure. Introduce a bigger LCD? Maybe. Introduce Aperture 2.0 or at least a major upgrade? Yes, definitely.

Why would they announce a small update, and why would they do it at a show where everyone is talking about cameras? :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to the possible announcement of a D50s, and you're talking about small updates to laptops.....

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Abstract said:
Why does everyone think Apple is going to update their notebook line at Photokina?? Updates to their LCDs? Sure. Introduce a bigger LCD? Maybe. Introduce Aperture 2.0 or at least a major upgrade? Yes, definitely.

Why would they announce a small update, and why would they do it at a show where everyone is talking about cameras? :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to the possible announcement of a D50s, and you're talking about small updates to laptops.....

We can dream, cant we? :)

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
I got stuck in the "Maybe there'll be an update soon"-loop for about 8 months, I ended up with a MacBook that I absolutely love - but if I had bought an iBook I wouldn't have any regrets since I would have had it for almost a year before the MacBook came out...
So my "advice" would be to buy it pronto if you have an urgent need or just wait a year or two or three for the rev b, c, d? of the MacBook... It all depends on your needs to spoil your self...! ;)

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
An update to C2D processors won't be that much of a jump, if they even update the MB at all. It is the most recent model and there is reason to believe they would keep it slower than the Pro.

And they've figured out the fixes for the mooing and RSS problems that have plagued the MB. Now seems as good a time as any to get one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.