MacBook question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Red Maw, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Red Maw macrumors newbie

I was thinking of getting MacBook, but my friend said that I should wait until May for the new model that will be coming out. Can someone tell me where I can find out what new features will be on the MacBook released in May?

Thanks.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You're more then likely only going to see a small processor speed bump.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

no one really knows though, and there will always be a new model in 6 months, now is a great time to buy a macbook if you want/need one, you can wait 6 months until may, but there will most likely be a release 6 months from then with newer features

4. David G. macrumors 6502a

If you like what is out there now, get it now.
    If you don't like what is there now, wait.

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I would augment this by saying that if you *need* it now, you should get it now. If you don't, then wait. It really all depends on your personal situation. :)

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

need? bah, want!!:D

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Oh yes, especially this time of year!:p:D

8. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

The MacBook was just recently updated. If you want one, get one now. It's an extremely capable machine, and even the mid-range MacBook are nearly as good as the entry-level MacBook Pro.

9. Red Maw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the replies. With my current laptop its only a matter of time before it fails completely. A slightly faster processor is always welcome, but isn't really necessary for what I do. I'll continue to look into it. Thanks for all your help.

10. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

If you need it/want it and can afford it then go for it now. You can wait forever to get the newest piece of technology but you have to take the plunge sometime. I am (hopefully) getting a new MacBook Pro this weekend. I know MacWorld is right around the corner but I need a laptop for school sooner than that. I also know that the machine I get today is just as competent and will be for many years. If you can wait then see what MacWorld has to offer on the 15th and then go from there.

11. thies macrumors regular

better wait until november when an even better one will be released!

12. Red Maw thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm probably going to wait until MacWorld is over, though I agree that waiting for the newest model is just a continuous cycle as the releases are always six months apart.
    @thies: Did you mean 11/2008?

13. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I do believe he was being highly sarcastic. ;) :)

I think you're making a good call to wait another ~3 weeks. It's the much wiser course of action at this point.

14. Red Maw thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured he was being sarcastic but forgot to put it into my post.

15. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yeah, the basic point is don't wait forever because there will be something new around the corner whenever you're ready to buy. However, since you're not doing that, don't worry about it.

16. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

in my opinion it is still a good time to buy a macbook...i doubt that there will be another update/upgrade soon since it has been updated like 1.5 months ago.