MacBook questions: trackpad and battery

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Sep 6, 2008.

1. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

When I use trackpad scrolling (two fingers), is it common for the window to jump a bit and not scroll smoothly? It doesn't do it every time, but enough to be slightly annoying.

Also, my battery doesn't fit very well. Is that common or should it be absolutely flush?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The battery shouldn't fit perfectly, but to the degree that its flat and on par with the bottom of the laptop. And for the scrolling, use auto scroll option in the system prefs.

3. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

The battery just seems a little off; it's crooked to where it sticks out a little too far on one side and not far enough on the other. Not a huge deal, just wondering if it was common or not.

As for the trackpad, I can't find "auto-scrolling" in the system prefs. Should I be looking at Keyboard & Mouse > Trackpad? If, so, I have "Use two fingers to scroll" selected. The question is if it is common to "jump" sometimes when scrolling with two fingers, rather than just scrolling down smoothly. Again, not a huge deal, just a little annoying.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Post a picture and let's take a look (battery)...

5. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

My battery sticks out a little too, it's fairly common.

6. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I tried but I couldn't get a good shot of it. Plus, I took the battery out and put it back in and it seems to be seated a little better now. It's still not perfectly smooth when I run my hand over it, but if other people have the same thing going on, then I guess it's just the way it is.

7. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Window jumps while scrolling?:confused:

Details would be helpful!

8. emac82 macrumors 6502

9. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I'd like to be able to describe it better than that, but I'm not sure how. When I use two-finger scrolling on the trackpad, instead of scrolling down a browser window smoothly, it "jumps." It's supposed to be like you're clicking the down arrow on the scroll bar, but sometimes it acts like you are clicking in the bar itself, making it "jump" down the page.

Bottom line, it just doesn't scroll smoothly all the time.

10. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I find this happens to me very often, usually when the browser is still downloading content from the page. It's kind of annoying but I just don't really notice it now.

11. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Try these methods:

place two fingers both perpendicular (one below the other) to the button and scroll
    place two fingers... keep one finger sessile and scroll (move up or down) with the other!

What happens now? Most probably you're scrolling the wrong way!

12. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Maybe that's it, I'll pay closer attention to when it happens.

That's pretty good. It's usually okay, but sometimes it gets "jumpy." Seems the same as when my fingers are next to one another.

When I try this, the scrolling is crazy, jumping up and down (as if my fingers are moving rapidly up and down) rather than scrolling downward smoothly.

13. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Alls fine!

Reducing the scroll speed in Sys prefs will help and getting "used to" will heal!

P.S.: Be moderately gentle while scrolling! Not too heavy neither too feather lite!