Macbook Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nikeshox04, Jul 12, 2009.

1. nikeshox04 macrumors newbie

Should I get a used black macbook (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive) for $800?

Or the new macbook pro ( 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive) for $1200?

Can I upgrade the black macbook to 6gb RAM? I thought I couldnt but this makes it look like i can-
    http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_MacBook_MacBook_Pro/Upgrade

Is there any real reason to get the new one?

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Get the Macbook Pro.
    7 hour battery, ability to have up to 8GB of RAM, better graphics, etc.

3. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

not only that you can get a free ipod touch right now and you can sell it to offset the price of the mbp

4. nikeshox04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I upgrade the hard drive later as well?

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes.

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

You most certainly can.

7. Exile macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro would be a better choice. In the case you may wish to sell your book in the future. The MacBook Pro will lose less of it's value in time than the MacBook.

8. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Get the macbook pro, the unibody enclosure is much more durable than the blackbook and it has better specs and the battery is great. And also like someone said you can sell the ipod touch if you don't want it to offset the price of the MBP. The new MBP line is really nice so I would go for one of those.

9. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I want to say the new macbook pro, but if i were you i would get the blackbook
    i mean yeah, it's great to have a new system MBP which IS much better with battery life

but the specs on the blackbook beats the macbook pro, You can upgrade the new MBP to 8gb, but come on, Lets face it you'll only need that much if you actually have big projects you'll be working on.

I mean they're both great system

The MBP has a great graphics card Nvidia 9400M or the GT depends on what version you get, (I think you're getting the 13" MBP)

bur wirh the blackbook, You'll only have the intel X1300(correct me if i'm wrong please.) and max of 4gb of ram...

Blackbooks are rare, and yeah it does look great!!

It's all your choice my friend!
    :apple: