Macbook RAM not sure?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by taylor200588, Nov 8, 2008.

1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

Hey

I bought this macbook late last year, like August or October not too sure. It was the base model at the time, the 2.0GHz 1GB RAM 80GB HD one.

I've had it a year and would like to update it a little, i WAS gonna sell it but i dont know anyone who would want it and how much its worth. I want to install new RAM but im not sure how much i can put in it. I have done some searching to find out but im so confused. Some load about Apple say i can only put 2GB in it but others say you can put 4GB in it but it only uses 3GB blah blah. I know you can tell i think using the model number but i dunno where i can find it. All i can tell you is that it says something like Macbook2,1 on the system profile thingy!! I just need a clear answer

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated

Craig

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

You will need to check in system profiler - model number is on the box it came in....

if 2,1 then it will take 4GB and you will be able to use 3.3GB
    if 3,1 then it will take 4GB and you will be able to use all the 4GB

3. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

If you want to know how much it's worth, have a look at www.mac2sell.net

I've sold a couple of Macs on Ebay UK, and mac2sell was spot on with the price.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I tend to check ebay for what people are actually paying. You can use the 'watch item' option to keep track of the final sale price even after the auction is removed.

5. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

Thank you

Thank you

and thank you

haha

awesome so i can go and order my 4GB. Also that mac2sell website was great, now i know how much roughly i would get for my mac if i were to sell it

cheers folks

Craig