Macbook, Ram...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matsundinn, Dec 18, 2007.

1. matsundinn macrumors member

I was thinking of buying a Macbook for Christmas with the only downfall being the video card and the screen. Does the screen resolution make a huge difference b/w the macbook and mbp? If I upgrade my macbook to 4 gb of ram will it be able to handle computer games flawlessly? ...or should I go for a refurb mbp?

thanks

2. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Depends on what kinds of games you want to play and how often you will play games. If you're going to use it to play lots of games and want to get the best performance, definitely go with a MacBook Pro instead of a MacBook. The main problem with the MacBook is not the RAM, it's the integrated video which doesn't work as well with graphics-intensive games.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If you play any graphics hungry games, then a Macbook is not for you. And some will tell you that a MBP really isn't either.

If you're a dedicated gamer, you'd be better off building your own PC.

4. matsundinn thread starter macrumors member

no Im not a hardcore gamer. I currently dont even play computer games on a regular basis. I just want to know if the option is there with a macbook or if I should go for a mbp..

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The option is there, but if you want to play cutting edge games, you're going to be very frustrated on an MB. Look at the card. Compare the card to the cards required for games you'd like to play. That's the only way to tell. You might as well do it before actually buying anything.