Macbook RAM?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dan7592, Apr 5, 2008.

1. dan7592 macrumors regular

I am looking to get some more memory for my macbook. I have the 2.0 Ghz, 80 gig with 1 gb ram. What kind do I need and where should I get it? I have not made any hardware upgrades to this laptop ever since I've owned it which has been for about a year already. The model identifier that it shows in the system profiler says MacBook2,1. I know that this macbook can only hold 3 gigs of ram and I probably have 2x512mb in there. I would like to max out the ram, so I was wonering if I can have 1x2gb and 1x1gb? the 2gb will go into one slot and the 1gb will go into the other slot. Where should I purchase this and what do you recommend I get? I am looking to spend 100 dollars or under. Thanks.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

4. dan7592 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm gonna order those from crucial. Are they easy to install? I understand I need a philips 00 screwdriver in order to get at the ram to install it. How much should this improve the performance? Will it make it so my fan doesn't run at full speed all the time? Will it be easier to play world of warcraft on my macbook?

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Its easy. Here's a video on how to install. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXM54Jqm3Kk

It should improve the perofrmance, assuming your lack of performance was due to lack of RAM (and it frequently is). Doubt if it will make your fans go slower. It should help with Warcraft as most games are fairly RAM hungry.

6. dan7592 thread starter macrumors regular

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

8. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

I got some Crucial RAM a while back and it's worked perfectly. They're quite a reputable brand.

9. dan7592 thread starter macrumors regular

So I tried taking the current ram in and out and it worked without a problem. It's a good thing I had the correct screwdriver too. I should be ready to go with this one. I can't wait.

10. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc