macbook ram

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jammerjames15, Apr 12, 2009.

1. jammerjames15 macrumors newbie

i have the new macbook the sliver one what ram can i upgrade it with like any links you guys can hook me up with or w.e

2. coumerelli macrumors 6502

Crucial.com. Hands down, the easiest to choose (they do it for you), and they're cheap, and I've had no trouble with RAM coming from them.

3. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

4. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I had 2 batches of non-working RAM from Crucial for my Unibody up to now, still waiting on them to send me something non-compatible. :(

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Apple did something funky with the unibody MB ram which is causing lots of 3rd party ram (even trusted companies like OWC and Crucial) to not work. Personally, I had installed a 4gb kit from Crucial and noticed a lot of odd behavior which I narrowed down to the ram. they let me return it for a refund and acknowledged the issue with unibody macbooks and their ram.

6. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I've only had 1 issue up to date with Crucial RAM, but it's been the same for both batches. Waking up from sleep just doesn't work. Kinda of a show stopper.

I'll try OWC next and if that doesn't work, i'll just wait for Apple ram upgrades to get cheaper I guess.

7. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I've had no issues with my Crucial RAM both on my UMB and my Mini. They both have been working just fine.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

9. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

Crucial has been good to me, but it sounds like you might want to wait a tad until they get their manufacturing straightened out. Maybe a month should do it?

10. Chipskip macrumors member