Macbook randomly turning on and off while sleeping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Miss Kitty, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Miss Kitty macrumors newbie

My macbook is relatively new, (July 2007), and I love it and have had no problems until I upgraded to Leopard. It didn't happen immediately, maybe two months after installation, but now after I close the computer, it will do the normal Apple logo light shut off and the sleep light coming on thing, and then sporadically the logo light will come back on, and I hear the startup sounds from inside the laptop (in case it's not ridiculously clear, I'm not really technologically proficient) and it'll stay lit and on for about 5 seconds, then click off again. It'll just keep doing this, cyclically, and when I open in to wake it up, it's stuck for a while, maybe up to a minute.
    It doesn't happen every time I close the screen, maybe a third of the time, and I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason for it.
    Any ideas? I'd really love any advice or help!
    Thanks!
    ~Kitty

2. geeserver macrumors newbie

geeserver

Same here. Still can't find a solution to this problem.

I suggest making sure you remove your AC adapter and let the macbook sleep on battery power. You will lose ~1% battery life every hour. It beats letting your MB heat up from turning on and off, on and off, on and off...

3. babond macrumors member

im going to bump this because while my computer has only done it twice in two months....it is still annoying. it kept going in and out of sleep while the screen was closed and i assumed it was airport related for some reason. anyways anyone know anything about this problem?

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Maybe you should upgrade back to Tiger. Why mess with a good thing?

5. babond macrumors member

i like leopard just fine actually. this was just the first time ive heard of someone having the same problem.....