Macbook REALLY slow in periods

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by patrickgc123, Jan 24, 2014.

1. patrickgc123 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have my Macbook Mid 2010 15 inch, 2.53 ghz model

All have been working just fine, but since i got Maverick, i had this problem, that my computer would go REALLY REALLY slow, like i could do 1 action per 30 second, through my mouse can be moved just fine, but i just wouldnt get any respons, not even when waving my mouse over the Dock.

recently, my harddrive was burned down, so i got installed a new one, and it all worked fine "Had trouble installing the system, but i think it went out".

Do any of you have any suggestions? Would really be appreciated, since this is getting on my nerves.

Best regards,

Patrick:):):):):)

2. disasterdrone macrumors 6502

How much RAM do you have installed?

3. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

1 action in 30 seconds sounds like a serious problem. Did you check the drive and the permissions?
    If iti s the HDD again, you should think abouti nvesting in a SSD - those things make your mac feel like a new one

4. patrickgc123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I run with 4 GB ram, I have been running just smooth in all the period i've had this Macbook, but its just in the latest month i met this problem. I have tried to Repair harddrive, and check disc permissions.

After ive been in that period, then i have about 30 minutes of free use, before it comes back to the same state again, it lasts for about 5-10 minutes :)

5. disasterdrone macrumors 6502

I would look at Activity Monitor - there may be a runaway process that is eating cycles.
    What programs do you have open / what are you doing when this happens?

6. patrickgc123 thread starter macrumors newbie

None! Thats the worst part about it, i don't really have any games at all on my computer, its 500 gb, and i have 470 free, i mainly just search the internet, and its there it occurs. Its kind of strange to me!

7. disasterdrone macrumors 6502

Have you tried keeping Activity monitor open, and looking at what is taking up cpu cycles when this happens?