Macbook reasons

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fried Korn, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Fried Korn macrumors newbie

Ok. I want a MacBook for the reason that I just want one. However I need reasons why I should get one so my parents will let me have one.

The only real reasons I can use is:
    I'll be using iMacs for Photography in school this coming school year.
    My Dad has two PC's why can't I? I'm going be using them more in the future then he is.

Of course I need reasons why they are good & features they have. Also the software features would be nice to know too.

& one question. I have a wireless router for my home internet. Do I have to buy AirPort Extreme or Express to be able to use my home internet on my MacBook?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you need to "make up" logical reasons why you need a Mac, then you don't need one, you just WANT one. This forum is for helping people decide what to buy, hardware and software. It's not to help you work out your relationship with your parents.

3. Fried Korn thread starter macrumors newbie

And I would like to point out you are advising me reasons why I should get one. I need these reasons so I am making sure that I am making a good choice. Cos I could easy & just got buy another crappy Windows PC.

4. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

Umm it runs Mac OS X and is a well-engineered machine?

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Since you just need general reasons for buying a Mac instead of a PC, then just search the forums.

Here's a thread that may help you.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

7. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

simple. No viruses. It just works.

Show them an hour's worth of I'm a Mac, I'm a PC ads. :)

8. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Stability and usability. For me, that increased uptime means more time using my computer and less time performing maintenance.

9. cristo macrumors regular

I'm guessing that you don't intend paying for your own macbook (otherwise this thread would be moot). My counter to this point would be "Well, your dad paid for the PCs, so he can buy what he likes!"

10. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Bah. Spoilt brat. If you indeed need to make up the reasons for letting your parents buy you a MacBook, you're out of touch with reality, I'd say. Don't you think your parents would rather spend the money wisely? If you want one just for the sake of having one, like you write, why not just save up for one yourself? I, too, find your "I want" tone quite irritating, really. You already have an iMac. If you can't afford a second machine yourself right now (I'm guessing your parents bought you the iMac), then don't get one. Period. No need at all to bother your parents with your needless wanting.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I agree!
    I agree!
    I agree!!

This rubbish is a waste of forum resources! This thread should be closed.

12. Fried Korn thread starter macrumors newbie

It's for my birthday & christmas so shut up
    You need to get a ****ing life. People in the UK actually can afford things more easy as our min wage is better to the cost of things.

13. cristo macrumors regular

But you're not planning on buying the thing yourself, so this isn't relevant (even if it were true, which it isn't).

14. Fried Korn thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I'm not buying it. But is the truth. £700 tbh is good for the software & the hardware tbh

15. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

http://apple.com/macbook

Should read that sometime, Apple advertisements pretty much give you all the reasons you'll probably ever need.

And if you want to go and find why a MacBook is a great machine, look around the forums for posts of people being happy with their systems; there's quite a few of them around.

My advice is that you read around and take in the information on your own first before you ask people to give their opinions and spoonfeed you with prepared arguments. If you look around a little bit and can't find the answers to more specific things, people will be generally happier to help.

Also, if you look around and find the reasons on your own, you'll be able to make a more compelling argument for your parents. If you merely regurgitate what we tell you over here, you'll just be parroting what other people say and this is a very flimsy way to convince anyone.

Did you just contradict yourself? Meh, whatever.

*sigh*

Anyway, have fun reading up, and best of luck.

16. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

FK, I hope you can convince your parents to get you a MB. I have 3 grown kids and have spent tons of money on them. I am not rich by many standards. I think this forum is a good source of info but you have to walk lightly 'cause the locals will bite your head off. Remember the #2 goal of this forum is to discuss Macs and get help.:)

17. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I haven't been on minimum wage since I had a job in high school, decades before you were born, and even then, I paid for anything I wanted out of my own earnings! Get a one of those high-paying, UK minimum wage jobs and EARN what you need to get what you want!

18. Moks macrumors member

Minimum wage here in UK may be ok if you're living with parents, but not so good if you have to pay all living costs (especially as cost of living has risen so much recently).