MacBook "Reboot your computer" loop after IOUSBFamily.kext replacement. NEED HELPASAP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bammeh, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Bammeh macrumors member

So, I was trying something and I downloaded IOUSBFamily.kext 10.5.6 from the Apple Developer Center and installed it. It asked me to reboot. I rebooted and now everytime I boot up, it asks me to reboot the computer. And when I do, it just does the same thing.

I have an 8GB flash drive I tried to put OS X on it, but when I format the USB to Mac Extended Journaled with a GUID Partition but it only partitions it to 7.5GB and no matter what I do, OS X will NOT fit on the USB.

I have tried to make a DiskWarrior disc with my PC, but it wont boot.
    Is there another software I can use?

Is there a way for me to edit the files in the terminal from the snow leopard install disc? "sudo" comes up as an invalid command.

Please help

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

May I ask why you even did this? The DFU bug has been fixed in 10.5.8 and is not present in any version of 10.6.

3. Bammeh, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010

Bammeh thread starter macrumors member

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Shouldn't lose anything. You may have already caused a problem, but it's unlikely you'll experience any data loss.

I'd suggest in the future you check here on the forums for advice with issues like that, there are a lot of people here you can save you a lot of trouble in searching for the causes of problems like that. Saved my butt a few times.

jW

5. Bammeh thread starter macrumors member

So I wouldnt lose any files that were on my desktop or in my downloads folder?

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No. The only things you might risk losing is if you placed any data in the Applications folder, but since no application does that by default, there's not much risk. The Desktop and Downloads folders won't be touched.

jW