MacBook Recommendations

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BAP, Jun 13, 2009.

1. BAP macrumors newbie

I am switching from a 14" Thinkpad T60 to a MacBook.

I ordered a refurb from Apple last night for what I feel is a great price of $1349.
    15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB Ram, 320GB HD, 512MB Discrete Video along with nVidia 9400 on-board.

My initial thoughts were to get the new 13" MacBook Pro with the entry level processor, 4GB, and a 500GB HD. Price was not dramatically different than this refurb.

I travel for work 2-3 times per month with my ThinkPad (approx same weight as the 15" MacBook, and thought that my next computer might be a bit smaller, and lighter. The price on the 15" MacBook Pro was very tempting.

I do not do games. Will do photos, music, and some video. Mostly office applications and occasional Adobe CS3 stuff for page layouts.

QUESTION - What are your feelings about the new 13" MacBook Pro without a discrete graphics processor, but the capability to go to 8GB RAM, versus the 15" that I have placed the order for. The notebook will not ship until Monday, but I wanted to lock the price.

Comments?

Thanks,

Bruce

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

I definitely think you've made the right choice. The extra screen real estate is going to be a big advantage when using CS3.

3. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I agree! You made a good choice...

4. BAP thread starter macrumors newbie

QUESTION - Do you think that one machine would be better than the other going forward with Snow Leopard and subsequent Operating Systems?

Thanks,

Bruce