Macbook redesign pics!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ttw951, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ttw951 macrumors newbie

A thread strictly for you take on what the redesigns of the new macbook/ macbook pro will look like. On some other threads people have said that the nano colours for the macbook would be cool. Well what would these look like? Some of the photoshoped images look really cool and I'm just interested in seeing what others think they will look like.

*waiting to buy new macbook and getting sooooo excited!:D:apple:

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I'd love to see some too. But one thing I know for sure...none of us will pinpoint the design, but when we see it for the first time (if we ever see it...hah) - we'll all be like "Wow, why didn't I think of that?" because the design will be so simple and intuitive.

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I know one thing for sure, the MacBook is never going to be aluminium. Aluminium is less durable and is more expensive than plastic, giving Apple no reason to switch the current design, which in my opinion is the best looking computer they have ever made.

4. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

I see far less cracked / scratched MBPs than I do MacBooks... I'd say aluminum is pretty durable, except for dents, but denting is better than cracking.

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

if it is less durable, why did Apple replace the plastics in the iMacs, Mac Pros (Power Macs), MacBook Pros (PowerBooks), iPod Shuffles, iPod Nanos, and iPod Classics with aluminium?

6. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

iMac and Mac Pro doesn't really matter because they are rarely moved, but we've seen that Apple is ditching the aluminium in iPhone in order to make cost savings. Apple made a huge design error with all of the recent iPods in my opinion as the 2G iPod nano is the best example of their MP3 player design. Oh well, people keep buying them regardless of that.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Bookmarking this quote for future use! Age-old wisdom says "never say NEVER!" I'm sure Apple isn't going to design a line of notebooks around any one person's opinion, especially since so many find the aluminum a much better looking and more durable material. As far as expense, an aluminum case doesn't cost significantly more than plastic, especially in large quantities. The truth is, no one "knows one thing for sure" when it comes to future products from ANY company.

8. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Well if they were to switch it to aluminium, I bet they'd pair it with an ugly black keyboard. Apple have REALLY lost the plot with their design in the past couple of years.

9. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Please jinx us (fingers crossed for aluminum case & black KB). Aluminum = Greener Eco Footprint, Black KB = Better Looking.

10. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

It ain't gonna happen for a long time people.

Ps. This was a disappointing thread I was expecting the OP to have actually posted some mock pictures! :mad: ;)

11. phew44 macrumors newbie

Aluminum is far more durable than plastic. It's being used to replace steel. Also it doesn't scratch as easily as glossy, polished plastic. And you don't get ugly stains that you get on the white MacBook.

So Aluminum for the win!

@neiltc13: You're so negative. Try looking at the bright side - lots of people love Apples new design, including me!

12. NicoleCloset macrumors newbie

13. kabunaru Guest

What do you say about this then?:
    http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/

Never say never.
    I am quite certain that by the end of 2008, we will see an aluminium MacBook.

14. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

In the other three threads about this topic.

15. NicoleCloset macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks. I'm new here and I can't find them.

16. Super Intendo macrumors regular

hay-ohhhhhh! ;)

17. corygreenwell macrumors member

Because Apple got into a lot of trouble by not meeting some of the Energy Star requirements...that's also why they use glass now...

18. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I love when people try and say aluminum bends easy. Maybe in a pop can, but my mac is in and out of my backpack all day, it stays in there with books and peripherals and such, I once stepped on it with the heel of my foot when I got out of my bed in the morning and still *knock on wood* no dents/scratches/anything.

If aluminum is so weak why are aircraft made from it?

19. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I think the aluminum used in aircraft is a *bit* thicker than a MPB. :)

Aluminum is stronger, but it can get dings like a car door. A light hairline scratch can sometimes be polished, a ding is near impossible to repair on a laptop.

20. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Aircrafts use it because it's light and relatively strong, however they use many other materials as well.

I think the MacBook will go Aluminum and will have a Black Keyboard, the Pro may get this as well to have some consistency throughout the line.

21. passingXstorm macrumors regular

They are using plastic on the iPhone for better reception, because the aluminum interferes with the antennas, especially the 3G antenna.

22. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Sorry. Here, here, here, and here.

The last two are long.

23. illidian macrumors 6502

Cost savings? Please, Apple's getting just as much money in the 3G iPhone as the original. Better reception, especially when essential for GPS, is far more important.

As far as the expensive idea goes, the iMac line hardly more expensive than the MacBook. If Apple is sacrificing money there for their green standards, it's sure to trickle down to the MacBook sooner or later.

24. NicoleCloset macrumors newbie

Thank you so much. I don't think I will wait for a slimmer MB. The discount is way too attractive right now with a free iTouch