MacBook Refurb Prices

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JAWWC, Apr 8, 2009.

1. JAWWC macrumors regular

I'm going to be buying a Alu 2.4 MacBook in the next week I think, but I've just noticed the UK refurb prices have just dropped £50! Has this ever been an indication of a update coming soon before? Just making sure there isn't normally a update 2 weeks or so after a price drop.

Cheers

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

I don't think it is any lower than normal. It might just be a different set of machines that are there as it varies from day to day. That 2.4GHz Alum MB does look attractive at $1299 though as you save $300 or the 2GHz Alum MB where is $1099 where you save $200 is nice too. The UK store refurb drops are roughly the same around 18% as the US store. You guys do have to pay about $65 more on the 2.4GHz model due to the exchange and Apple charging a bit more. I can almost guarantee that they won't be updated any time soon as there is nothing for them to be updated to so buy away and save.

3. svndmvn Guest

Prices definitely changed on the refurb store in Italy as well, according to Macbooks' life cycle they should be updated in a month or so, not an important update but still..

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Prices dropped on the high end unibody MB refurbished by $100 in the US in the last few weeks. Stayed same on low end unibody refurbished MB.