MacBook refurb Question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by teerexx52, Oct 27, 2009.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I ordered and received a Refurbed MacBook White 2.13 from the Apple Store. It is supposed to come with 2GB Ram and 160GB Hard Drive. When I checked it today it had 4GB Ram and a 500GB Hitachi Hard drive. Does anyone know how this happened and is this all covered under warranty as OEM if I have a problem? Thanks

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It should be, as ram and hard drive upgrades are user upgradeable.

3. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

4. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Thanks I was thrilled but wondered if it was upgraded by someone else and then sent back or whatever. The drive is Hitachi which I understand is OEM but the ram I don't know about. I was concerned because last month I had to take back my macbook pro as I had a problem with it. They were willing to change it out for a new one at the Apple store but I had an upgraded hard drive in it. They gave me a screw driver at the Genius Bar and made me take it out myself so I wondered what would happen with this MacBook should I have to take it in.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes, if the RAM is not OEM then I would definitely call Apple, as the practice at the Genius Bar is normal. At least the Apple Store made you take it out, the service centers are notorious for stealing the RAM.

6. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

You could phone the Apple Store to advise them what you received and ask them to note it. I don't think their will be any problem. Have fun with your new "upgraded" toy.

7. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I just called them and they made note of it and gave me a case number so I can have fun now