Macbook refurb ram question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Camps23, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Camps23 macrumors member

Hi all Im on the fence right now between getting the refurb macbook or the refurb macbook pro 13. The price difference is around 150 dollars. Everyone on here obviously know the differences. The one thing that is pulling me towards the pro 13" is the 4gb of ram apposed to the 2gb of ram in the macbook. The question is whats the max ram allowed in the macbook ? Max ram allowed in the 13" macpro ? I use the laptop for mainly web browsing, small amount of home video editing and streaming lots of tv/movies. Is there a difference in the wireless cards ? So macbook with me upgrading the ram or macbook pro and leaving the 4gb of ram or upgrading if it will help with speeds. Keep in mind I have ADD (joking) but I do multitask alot between web browsing & movies and such.
    Thanks guy !

2. Camps23 thread starter macrumors member

Miles thanks for the reply, I did see that on the apple site but i thought i was seeing on here that people were exceeding apples specs without any issues ? Will 4gb be plenty of ram for my uses ? Price for me to upgrade to purchase the 4gb of ram for the macbook ?