macbook refurbished?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hcho3, Jul 25, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What do you guys think about macbook refurbished? Is it bad idea to buy one? I am leaning towards to purchasing this because it's 150-250 dollars cheaper.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They're fine, it's not a bad idea to buy one.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

According to hundreds of threads here, refurbished Apple product are highly valued and always a good deal, especially as they get extra attention by Apple due to being returned at some point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I bought my 2008 aluminum macbook refurb last winter and love it. It was in perfect physical condition! :)

5. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

Did you buy Apple care? Do you think I should buy that as well?

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I didn't, but I would probably recommend it to anyone buying a laptop from Apple. I think it's probably a waste for the iphone, ipod, etc. But for something pricy like a laptop, it'd be worth it. And you could use the money you're saving by buying refurb!

7. kwood72 macrumors newbie

I purchased a MacBook from the Apple online store three weeks ago and love it. Cost only $759.00 and it arrived in like-new condition in 5 days.

8. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

My girlfriend got one for $749 and it looked BRAND new... we pealed off the screen sticker and its been a thing of beauty ever since !

Refurbs are great...

9. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, refurbs have often had every component pretty much completely replaced, so it's like new. They're a good thing to consider.

10. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Yeah from everthing I've heard Refurbs are absolutely great :D Apple takes em in when they're returned and looks at absolutely everything on the inside, replaces what needs to be replace, cleans up the outside, and sells for a couple hundred bucks cheaper than a new one. Sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me haha. I wish I would have bought refurbed than a new one