Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhollister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Hi guys -

I had a bluetooth Mighty Mouse paired with my MacBook but then bought a Mini, at which point I paired it with that and removed it from the MacBook. However, the MacBook keeps automatically re-pairing itself with the Mighty Mouse, without asking, when I had previously completely removed it from the bluetooth device list. I totally remove it from the device list, and time after time, it returns to the list and pairs all by itself.

In fact, the mouse will wake the MacBook from sleep even though the mouse was not on the device list, nor paired, at the time the MacBook went to sleep.

The Mini does not do this. If I delete the mouse, it stays gone, so I'm assuming this is an issue with the MacBook.

Any thoughts?

dhollister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
10.5.6 on both machines. Both are brand-new, current-generation machines.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Remove it from the Bluetooth devices list, turn off Bluetooth from the same System Preferences pane, turn off the mouse, restart the computer and reset the PRAM. Then re-pair the mouse with the Mac mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.