macbook release date estimate

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wzlszl, May 30, 2009.

1. wzlszl macrumors newbie

i have a vista computer and am very anxious to get a new macbook. i have done some research (mostly using mac rumor's buyer's guide) to get a feel for when this macbook just might get updated again.

it seems as though when apple releases a new os, the macbook update takes only a few months after to be updated (such was the case with leopard and tiger). mbp takes a couple more months.

what are your thoughts on all of this? should i buy a new macbook when it comes out with snow leopard or wait and hope a new update of the computer will occur as i expect?

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Buy the MacBook whenever you need it. If you can wait, then wait. If you can't, buy one now and just enjoy it. Since we are getting close to WWDC, I suggest you to wait until the conference is over. WWDC is most likely going to be for the iPhone/iPod Touch and OS X Snow Leopard, but you never know.

3. wzlszl thread starter macrumors newbie

lets say that snow leopard is released with wwdc. my prediction, based from recent history, is that an updated macbook will be released in august. hopefully with quad-core chips...?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nobody has any idea. Your guess is just as good as everyone else's.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...keep the dream alive until 2010 and you may be right...:D

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Everything I've read suggests that the quad chips won't be released until 2010. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple puts them in the MBP's before the MB's; it would be an excellent way for apple to differentiate the macbook pros from their consumer models.

If you truly need it now, then buy it now. If you don't, then wait.