Macbook release date

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ®îçhå®?, May 2, 2006.

  1. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000


    Mar 7, 2006
    OK we all know that the Macbook will be released this month or next month but who wants to predict the actual date?
    I am going to say 16th May because of the new Apple ads and i do not think of it as being unveiled next week.
  2. peanut48 macrumors regular

    Apr 4, 2006
    I'd say may 10...
    well this is a nice way to kill goin crazy over waiting
  3. QCassidy352 macrumors G4


    Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    well, i'm confused how it's taken this long, let alone how it could be another month. The products apple already has out pretty clearly demonstrate they have the technical ability to release these, and their sluggish sales of PPC products mean they want to go all intel asap.

    So I say tomorrow, May 3. :p

    (will eating crow at this time tomorrow...)
  4. calebjohnston macrumors 68000


    Jan 24, 2006
    There's probably 1 million threads about this; why start another one?
  5. kugino macrumors 65816


    Jul 10, 2003
    it's the american way.

    i say next week, may 9.
  6. mac000 macrumors 6502a

    Sep 6, 2005
    i dont even want to think about it, i thought they would have been out this week (tuesday) and they're not so, i dont even care anymore:mad:
  7. yoda13 macrumors 65816


    Sep 26, 2003
    I am ready for them to come out because I have decided if I am going to buy an Intel Mac this year, it will be the Macbook. However, I will probably just wait for the revision B of the new Intel equivalent of the PowerMac, whatever it is to be called. My Quicksilver Powermac is still going strong, so I think I will wait and invest my money in a new one once they go intel, and then wait until AppleCare runs out on this powerbook before I entertain an intel-base apple laptop.:cool:
  8. MattQiu macrumors member


    Apr 27, 2005
    UK & Shanghai.China
    Please... in 2 weeks. i really need a new mac laptop now... my current PowerBook G4 is almost 3 yrs old... i wanna a core duo mac, but MBP is too expensive for me :(
  9. kugino macrumors 65816


    Jul 10, 2003
    3 yrs old? heck, my wife's still using her 400MHz G4 Tibook, and that thing is 5 yrs. old...but, i'm getting the new MB and this G4 ibook is going to how i worked that one, huh?
  10. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    So that way we can have 2 million threads on the same topic? ;) :)
  11. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Yes, very nice. :)

    Sounds like a good plan to me (and you both end up winners with newer, faster machines). :)
  12. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus


    Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds familiar - my wife has my old 400MHz TiBook and when I get an MBP she gets my 1GHz TiBook. :)
  13. muzikool macrumors member

    Apr 5, 2005
    Apple, please release this soon! I am going on vacation at the end of May and I REALLY REALLY need a MacBook by then! So please, just for me, release it now!!! :p

    (I know Apple reps read these threads.) ;)
  14. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

    Jul 10, 2005
    Next week?!? May 9th?!?!? I dont think so. If they want to release it when e3 is going on I think that may be a bad idea.
  15. tealcadillac macrumors newbie

    Feb 10, 2006
    I'm pretty sure that even if Apple does release the MacBook before the end of May, it won't ship until June-August :/

    I keep on getting my hopes up when I hear rumors of them being released :(

Share This Page