Macbook Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by larrydavis, May 15, 2014.

1. larrydavis macrumors newbie

I was trying to send in my macbook pro for logic board repair and i was wondering if you guys ever heard of

http://www.or-logic.com they claim to do laptop motherboard repairs pc and mac

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Before you send it out, check with an Apple store. I just bought a used as-is 2010 13" Macbook Pro with bad logic board for next to nothing. I decided to take it to an Apple store this past Monday after gettng quotes of $200+ to $300 from various repair shops who do board level repairs. Apple quoted me $280 for the repair and I figured WTF, it may (or may not) be a few buicks more than one of these fixerupper guys but it's backed by Apple. The $280 is the flat rate to fix "whatever needs to be fixed for anything other than liquid damage."

I brought it in Monday and got it back Wednesday and this is what they did for the money:

Replaced the logic board
    Replaced one of the speakers
    Replaced the battery
    Replaced the screen and clamshell top.

The top of the case which was beat up, scratched & dented is now shiny and brand new looking. The display which had 2 or 3 bad pixels is now perfect. The battery which was about 800 cycles is now new. Plus I have a 90 day warranty from Apple. All in all not a bad deal because I was about to spend AT LEAST $200 with one of the folks listed on the internet who I didn't have any real clue at to their rep.

3. larrydavis thread starter macrumors newbie

or-logic.com macbook pro logic board repair

thats not bad from apple.

this guy is quoting 180$ with 6 months warranty. not bad.

I am thinking of going or-logic.com and using my credit card to pay so if any issues occur i will be covered.

but 6 months warranty on macbook pro loigic board repair is the best deal I have found.

I see some on ebay the most they offer is 3 month warranty.