Macbook Repairs? Who has had it done?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Celeron, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Celeron macrumors 6502a

So the display on my SR Macbook looks horrible. There is terrible banding in any gradients and it looks like someone has pulled a very fine screen over the LCD. There's a little checkboard, almost grainy, appearance. This is especially noticeable when viewing webpages with a white background (MacRumors Forums).

In any case, I brought it to the Genius bar today after comparing it to some of the Macbooks on display in the store. The display on mine looked like trash compared to the other Macbooks. Mine was no where near as bright and had the above mentioned banding and grainy appearance. The Genius agreed and is having the logic board and the LCD replaced.

Has anyone had a similar service done on their Macbook? I previously had a 12'' Powerbook G4 which was great and never needed any kind of service. At the moments the parts aren't in so I've brought the Macbook home so I can keep using it until they arrive.

I'm a little nervous to say the least. Apart from the display problems my Macbook doesn't have any other issues. No vibrating, no buzzing, humming, or any other issues. No sleep problems, case gapping, case discoloration. Nothing. It's perfect except for the display. I'm worried I might start having other problems after the thing has been taken apart. Should I be?

Thanks!

2. Celeron thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

I haven't had a Macbook repaired, but I have had other Apple devices repaired. When you get it back, it should have everything fixed. In the rare chance that you discover the same problem again or a new problem appears, the Apple Store people are usually understanding and will give your repairs priority.