Macbook Replacement/14days/stocking fee?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hans3185, Jul 22, 2008.

1. hans3185 macrumors member

So I got a new Macbook about a week ago from an Apple Store, and I noticed that there was a crack on the side of the laptop and that I could wiggle the lid a little when closed.

My first question is: Am I going to be able to get a replacement Macbook?

Does the restocking fee apply to replacements?

And since my nearest Macbook store is about 100 miles away...is there any chance that my local bestbuy can do the replacement?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'd give Apple a call before driving 100 miles. You don't suffer the restock fee for a replacement only for a return.

3. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

Since you didn't buy it from Best Buy, I'm going to say no, they won't replace it because there aren't responsible for it. They have no business with you.

Also, The Apple Store will more likely charge you the 10% fee to replace the notebook because they can repair it for free under warranty

4. hans3185 thread starter macrumors member

Well I called 'em and they said it would be free to replace since I was in between the 14 days.

Now what's gonna suck is if Apple suddenly decides to come out with a new revision soon...

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

They cant -- they only updated to Penryn in March or so... far too soon, no??