MacBook Replacement Help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by livelaughlove, Aug 4, 2008.

1. livelaughlove macrumors newbie

I have had my macbook since last June 2007. Since getting my computer, I have encountered problems with it every two to three months.

I went to the apple store on Saturday because my macbook all together stopped turning on after a couple of days of randomly shutting itself off. Normally when it does that, I was instructed by a Genius to just reset the entire computer by unplugging the AC adaptor, removing the battery and pressing the power button for 10 seconds. But on Saturday, it wouldn't turn back on at all after I reset it. After a trip to the apple store, they said that they fixed the problem. Yesterday and today, it began to randomly shut itself off again.

I called Apples tech support number and spent two hours with them giving me all sorts of ways to fix the problem. They finally put me through to a customer relations person who was suppose to help me with the issue. She tells me that Apple will not give me a replacement macbook until I have been seen for the same issue at least three times at a Apple store.

Seven of the eight trips I have had to make to the apple store with my macbook have been because of hardware/software issues. I point this out to her, as I have all my paperwork from my different times to the Apple store, and she tells me that is has to be three of the same problems. I point out to her that this will be my fifth time coming into a apple store with complaints of my macbook turning itself off (other times, there has been other problems I was noticing that I wanted fixed). She then changes her tune that it is six visits to a apple store over the same issue.

So my question is what can I do to get my macbook replaced? I leave for school in another two weeks and another year of this crap is not acceptable to me for what I have paid for this computer. Give me any kind of tips to make it so that they will replace what was a faulty computer. Hell, the stupid thing showed up to me broken and had it at the store for the first week I owned it.

And honestly, today with the way I was shuffled from tech to tech and the way the customer relations lady was treating me, I felt like I was dealing with Dell. And I never though I would compare Apple to Dell in that sense.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Send an email to sjobs[at]apple.com

Yes that's Mr. Jobs, so be nice and professional explain how you were mistreated, what issues you had, how the Store tried to fix it and what you want. My guess is you would want a replacement; don't bother with a refund 'cause you won't get one.

Don't do snail mail or use IM language. Doesn't work and makes you looks foolish. Be sure to leave a phone number and then you store manager will call you to make things right.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Alternatively, ask for the supervisor. "Has to be looked at three times" is crap.

4. livelaughlove thread starter macrumors newbie

I just sent off a e-mail. Hopefully I hear something before my appointment at the Genius bar tomorrow afternoon.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's unlikely. Someone called me about a week later.

6. livelaughlove thread starter macrumors newbie

What did they do for you after you sent out the e-mail and were contacted?