Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

definitive

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Is there a place that sells new keyboard plates (keyboard + touchpad) for 2009 MacBooks for a cheap price? I'm talking about the one that came right before the unibody version. I've seen them going for close to $100 on EBay, but don't want to spend that much.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Is there a place that sells new keyboard plates (keyboard + touchpad) for 2009 MacBooks for a cheap price? I'm talking about the one that came right before the unibody version. I've seen them going for close to $100 on EBay, but don't want to spend that much.

White Macbooks Apple is still replacing a lot of them out of warranty if it's an issue where it's cracking. Have you tried carrying it into an Apple store? I know about 5 folks that have tried, 4 were successful on out of warranty machines. 5th was an abuse issue IMHO. Other than that without looking to see if they indeed have them i'd check iFixit first. It is pretty much an Apple proprietary part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.