Macbook Replacement?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by danielnez1, Jun 11, 2009.

1. danielnez1 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I purchased my Macbook back in 2007 through the Higher Education store, which included a 3 year warranty.

Over the past two years I have had it, it’s been nothing but trouble. I've taken it to be repaired 4 times, with varying faults such as screen flickering, a broken track pad, faulty superdrive, dead battery and has two replacement keyboard enclosures because they keep on lifting up at the edges and cracking.

The screen flicker problem is back again, so is the trackpad problems and now it sometimes refuses to restore after going to sleep.

I was wondering if there is any slim chance I could have it replaced with a new one, owing to all of the problems I've had with it.

Cheers,

Dan

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Typically they replace it if the same repair is done 3 times within a year. But who knows, if you call Customer Service and explain your situation they might give you a replacement. This assumes you have AppleCare...

3. danielnez1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well in the end I decided to cut my losses and just take in to get fixed. I've had it back now for a month and the screen is flickering yet again. Unwilling to get it fixed again I phoned their support line to see if I could get a replacement unit with no luck, so I'm writing off to their European HQ in Ireland to see if I can have any better luck there.