Macbook restart blue screen of death.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WZDM, May 31, 2010.

1. WZDM macrumors newbie

Ok, at the start of the year i tried to install an anti-theft program which turned out to be a massive dud. In order to install the program, one has to restart their computer, however, the company who created this program are failures at writing programs for 10.5. This then meant, that when restarting the computer it gets stuck at a blue screen at the start.

I couldn't find any working solution on the internet on how to fix it, so i took it straight to the apple shop and the guy showed me how to fix it. I now know how to fix it, however it just happened again.

I re-installed the operating system, and did all that. What i want to know, is there anyway that I can restart my laptop without having to re-install the OS every time? Are there files that need deleting? Coding that needs to be done?
    Should i just take it to the mac shop?

Just scared of downloading this program called Little Snitch, restarting the laptop, and getting the Blue Screen of Death again, then taking it in and having to admit to illegally downloading programs and ****.

Suggestions?

Ps. If anyone has this problem, PM and I will tell you how to fix it..

2. revbarabbas macrumors regular

First of all I can't really understand what the problem is from your post...what program are you installing that is doing this? Plus, Little Snitch is just a reverse firewall that keeps programs from sending stuff out to the internet, a good rule about little snitch is if you don't know what it is that it's asking to allow a connection, just allow it.

What program is it that caused the problem in the first place? Why are you not formatting the drive when you reinstall the system? And WTF is up with you admitting to US that you illegally downloaded programs when this is the most frequented mac website on the net short of Apple.com?

All I can tell you from the info you provided is format the hard drive, do a clean install, and DON'T PIRATE SOFTWARE!

3. WZDM thread starter macrumors newbie

i rarely do.
    it happens after i do the suggested mac osx system update