Macbook Retina 13" 2014 - few questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by prymitywista, Aug 12, 2014.

1. prymitywista macrumors member

prymitywista

Hello there!
    I was looking for macbook retina but I read about many problems with these laptops.

So, I thought about buying the newest one, from this year. I know Apple just update CPU and made more ram as standard, but maybe they fix keyboard/trackpad issue or problem with bad wifi connection?

So, does anyone have this certain model and can answer this questions?

- if it has a problem with frozen keyboard/trackpad?
    - is wifi has got normal speed and doesn't drop the connection?
    - any bad pixels/ yellow screen/ flickering

Thank you for reply, cheers! :apple:

2. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

These problems are fairly isolated. The majority of users have pretty much flawless machines. I wouldn't worry about it. You will get much more for your money by buying a refurbished 2013 model through Apple or a new 2013 model through Best Buy(depending on where you live).

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If you are convinced these are normal problems, I would guy something else.

But, apparently LOTS of people do not agree and are buying lots of the 2013 and 2014 models.

4. darkcoupon macrumors regular

I just picked up a 2013 rMBP and haven't had any of those problems. I also live within about 30 minutes of 3 different Apple stores, though, so defects like those don't really scare me off as I can get warranty repairs or replacements without hassle.

5. ixxx69 macrumors 6502a

As Capathy suggested, those issues are rare. If it was really affecting that many computers, they would stop the assembly lines (and they have in the past when there really was a problem). Forums make it look like a bigger problem because that's where people come to post problems... there's not much reason to come to a forum to say how great your computer is working.

Also keep in mind, that if you visit the forums of other brands like Dell and HP, you will find plenty of "problems" with those computers as well. Just from personal experience, I've had more issues with Dells and HPs than Macs.

No reason to be snarky - the OP was politely asking a fair question. Keep in mind that most people aren't Mac experts or forum regulars, and lack the understanding of context - just browsing the forums without that understanding, it's really easy to get scared off that every Mac has major issues. I've recommended Macs to a lot of people, and all the complaints even makes me nervous sometimes.