Macbook retina 13 click noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edwardjulio, Apr 16, 2015.

1. edwardjulio macrumors newbie

I can hear a "click" noise when i open heavy apps, such as vm ware, or other program that make my macbook becomes hot. The click only happens when the macbook starts becoming hot.is that normal?

2. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

Is it a single click, or a continuous pattern of clicks? Because I have a faint click occur once every 4 seconds or so and I'm deliberating if it is worth it to bring it in. Ironically, sounds a bit like a hard drive.

On paper there shouldn’t be any noise as the only moving part is the fan(s). So I guess not normal? Does it affect anything?

3. edwardjulio thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a single click, happens only when I open an apps, and when I close the apps. I have no idea about that click noise. may be the integrated graphic card? or may be the ssd?

4. Morning_star macrumors newbie

My macbook 15" retina does the same thing and it clicks (one click) sometimes when the computer starts up or when I scroll pages with heavy graphics. I could also be heard when I run heavy apps. I went to the store in which I bought it and they sent it away to be checked. They wouldn't find any wrong with it though (and they sent it in two times) and the technicians claimed they couldn't hear the click, which I think is strange. But anyway, it could be normal behavior (they said, like the materials expanding due to rising temperature etc.) even though the apple guy I talked with by phone said that I should have it looked over, which I did. I'm considering bringing it to an authorized apple service provider, but since the computer otherwise works great and they wouldn't find any wrong with it in the first place I don't know if it's any idea.

5. Tenashus1 macrumors 6502

I have had some clicks happen as well on my 2015 MBP, though the few times they have occurred, they appear pretty randomly.