MacBook Retina 2013 2015 webcam difference?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zen5656, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Zen5656 macrumors member

Hello!
    My Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013 had water damage and the flagship Apple Store had to replace Display unit, mainboard and Magsafe2. It still runs Mavericks (I have reasons).

When I wanted to pick it up me and my friend checked it inside out and found out that the webcam/isight cam is not working. I had no other option than paying the tremendous amount for the repair as I am dependent on it for my job. They also said that the topcase (another +300€) had some water and therefore they even cannot give me 3 months warrenty for the repaired parts. If I repaired this it would have been more expensive than a used one of same model.

At home I checked the connectors and webcam is connected to the mainboard. I also pluged it out and back in, then rebooted - still not working.

Important fact: before the repair the webcam in the old display worked as well was wifi!

How could I fix the webcam defect? Is it maybe a imcompatible part to 2013 model and Mavericks? Maybe the 2015 display part or so that is different?

Thank you in advance!

2. Zen5656 thread starter macrumors member

ok next question. Why does it show 2880 x 1800 in about this mac for a 13 inch model with 2560 x 1600 resolution

Attached Files:

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Are you using a scaled resolution?

4. Zen5656 thread starter macrumors member

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I doubt they would use an incompatible part. It's probably defective. (Plus, as far as I know, the FaceTime camera hasn't changed since the late 2013.)