MacBook Retina display problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maximtlt, Dec 19, 2014.

1. maximtlt macrumors newbie

Hello guys!

I have faced serious display problem on my MacBook Pro Retina:

[​IMG]

I have no ideas why it happened, because i didn't drop it, didn't press display, there are no any signs of physical damage at the unibody.

Do you have any ideas what's wrong and how to fix this? Will Apple fix this as warranty case (bought mac less then 1 year ago)?

2. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

If it's still under warranty there's not really any reason not to take it to an Apple genius - I'd be really surprised if the cause of this was software related.

Definitely get that checked out sooner rather than later.

Out of curiosity, what spec MBP do you have?

3. iamfredrik macrumors member

Are you using a scaled resolution? Try switching resolution and see if it makes any difference.

4. maximtlt thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is i'm from country with no official Apple service - there are only authorized service centers. But this guys are quite unprofessional and sometimes refuse 100% warranty cases, so i decided call to US customer service first, so they can made decision about my problem (is it a warranty case or not) and then send a request for repair to one of service centers in my country. And i'm just wondering what can they decide seeing photo from first post.

My specs:

[​IMG]

Switching resolution doesn't help :(
    100% it's hardware problem.

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Don't think it's a hardware problem.

Your rMBP does not have a dGPU, so a graphics card failure is impossible.

Try doing a clean install of OS X.

6. iamfredrik macrumors member

I think Yosemite may be the problem. I would switch back to Mavericks, but have you tried everything like doing a safe boot, resetting the pram, running hardware test etc.?

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Back up your data and try a clean install of mavericks. If you that doesn't work, you will need to contact apple for warranty work, no matter how difficult that may be in your local area.