Macbook Retina Pro Screen Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by retinaprouser, Jun 27, 2012.

1. retinaprouser macrumors newbie

On my recently bought retina pro there is a small area of the screen where if I look at a white screen the area appears brighter than the rest of the screen. It is as if the backlight is shining through more than elsewhere. It is more visible when it is viewed at with an angle rather than straight on. I bought my computer online through the apple store. Has anyone else seen this problem and what are my options?

2. Sobering macrumors regular

This has been reported a few times, it seems to be a known issue. Check some other threads in this forum for more information. I'd suggest getting a replacement.

3. retinaprouser thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the advice. If I want to get a replacement can I do so through an apple store location even though I bought it online? Or do I have to ship it back to apple. I would like to just replace it at a store because I do not want to wait 4 weeks to get my computer. Is this possible? By the way this is the base retina so it would be available in stores I would think.

4. AverisDaddy macrumors newbie

You should be able to take it to your local Apple store. Hopefully they'll have one in stock for you. Best of luck.

5. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

If they have the exact specification in stock, you should be able to exchange it in person. Chances are if you got a 16GB version no store will have it.

6. Tritons macrumors 6502

OK now I'm really scared to get RMBP because of the ghosting problem and this one, c'mon screen should be the best part of it and not the problem.

7. retinaprouser thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input. I have the 2.3/256/8 so I really hope they have it in stock. Would it be worth emailing apple first so I can get a written response and take that to the apple store? In either case I will be going to an apple store tomorrow to see what they can do. This feels really unfortunate as otherwise I have loved the computer, but the problem is clearly visible and I don't think I can use the computer for the next couple of years in this state.