Macbook Retina Spec Update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sifinity, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

i don't know why but i have a feeling like the Macbook Air Apple will just randomly do a little spec bump for the retina , cause i don't see any major updates till Q1 2015 , and since back to school is starting ,people that tend to buy rMB will see that the model is almost a year old and wait till they release a new update

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They may but the spec bump is so minor, that if you need a laptop now, I wouldn't let that bump stop you from buying now.

3. Sifinity thread starter macrumors 6502

Sifinity

The thing is im going to be a student in the fall , and i have a Macbook Pro 2012 13" 2.9 i7 ; to last me through the first year but the problem is i don't know if i want to go through the nuisance of re-downloading and installing all the software and transferring all my work midway through the year on to a new laptop , if the rMB Broadwell comes out in like Q1 . so i don't really know/ can't decide

along with that the plan was that if i got the 15" rMB in back to school then my sister would get my current cMB (and she needs one as her broke down ; so i kinda don't want to leave her without a computer , even though she's irritating lol)

So the main question ; is Haswell Macbook Pro 15 Retina Capable of lasting 4-5 years ? ;

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, it has more then enough horse power to last you 4-5 years. I have a 2009 Mac Mini and a 2010 MBP and both of them handle everything I and my kids throw at them.