Macbook return without accessories?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mugambo, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

Apple has agreed to replace my macbook due to some defect.

I want to know if I have to dig out all the accessories that had originally come with the macbook during purchase to complete the return?

Or can I just put the macbook in a box, paste the return label that was sent by Apple and drop it off? If so, will I be charged for not sending the charger, original box, install dvds and the remote?

I'm not able to find the remote and use a third party charger (power adapter).

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I wasn't required to give back my accessories to my MacPro (keyboard/mouse/documentation) so I'd guess not.

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I don't know if you'll be charged, but it would be best to try and find all of the original items.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If they are doing an exchange, yes. If they are just replacing it, then no. You keep all your original stuff.

5. Mugambo thread starter macrumors 6502

Mugambo

This is an 'advance replacement'.

They're sending out a replacement for the current one with some issues.
    Once I receive it, I have 30 days before I ship it out to them.

How does it work in this case?

6. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

You shouldn't have to send anything back. It should just be the computers themselves being exchanged, nothing else. Although, and I highly doubt this, If apple sends you a box with everything included in it, Ie. Documentation, magsafe adapter, and what not, than send back your old ones when you ship out the old computer.