MacBook Rev B's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by arashf, Feb 22, 2006.

  1. arashf macrumors newbie

    May 26, 2005
    When do you guys expect (based on past products) the Rev B macbook's to be released (maybe Juneish?) and how much of a change do you expect from Rev A => Rev B? I'm thinking waiting for the Rev B's would be a wise move. It'd most likely be less buggy/have more battery life.
  2. kretzy macrumors 604


    Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    I wouldn't expect much more than a processor upgrade. More RAM/bigger HD would always be nice too.
  3. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a


    Feb 17, 2006
    We're already at Rev B. Rev A was 1.67/1.83. :D

    Apple knew people were waiting until Rev B. to buy, so they sped up the revision schedule. :D :D :D :D :D
  4. sw1tcher macrumors 65816


    Jan 6, 2004
    I'm thinking the MacBook Pro is more a Rev. F than a Rev. A, and that the next revision will be the real Rev. A. When it does come out (WWDC or MW Paris) it will have a completely new design with chip speeds hitting (at least) 2.33GHz and a SuperDrive capable of double layer burning.
  5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

    Chupa Chupa

    Jul 16, 2002
    Only way it will have better battery life is if it has the Merom chips and those are not due until the end of the year. Based on the Rev A, I'd expect Rev B to be a speed bump of 2.0 and 2.16 with 2.33s as a BTO.
  6. generik macrumors 601


    Aug 5, 2005
    Well a new case design is what I want, Superdrive is nice too :)

    But quite honestly if we see the 12" and 17" switch to intel with the same casing I doubt they'd have a redesign anytime soon.
  7. Mord macrumors G4


    Aug 24, 2003
    MWSF, your fooling yourself if you think any significant update will come before then because thats when merom is out.

Share This Page