MacBook Rumors?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mBurns, Feb 8, 2011.

1. mBurns macrumors 6502

Hello good people. I have read a lot about rumors concerning the aluminum MacBook Pro but little about the white MacBooks. I'm considering taking the plunge and purchasing a white MacBook as my daily machine. I prefer the plastic case if I am bringing my machine everywhere with me. Basically, should I hold off? I have a MacBook Pro right now that I can can hold onto indefinitely but would obviously prefer to go more mobile. I don't feel right lugging around a $2000 machine with me. Any rumors of the white MacBook being discontinued?

Basically, any advice would be wonderful. I'm in college so have very little time to read all the rumor sites. I did some basic searches and didn't come up with anything regarding the white MacBook though it looks like it was refreshed a little less than a year ago.

2. chipz macrumors member

MacBook Rumors?

No one really knows fir sure what Apple plans to do in the future. I haven't heard of any reports that Apple was discontinuing the MacBook. That doesn't mean that they won't My feeling is that the MacBook is an excellent base computer. If you feel you need one now, get it. As others have said, "There's always something new just around the corner." The MacBook, even if it's discontinued and replaced by another model, is still a worthwhile computer and will still be able to do what the MacBook Pro can do, just maybe a little slower. I have a 2008 Black MacBook and I still use it, even though I have a MacBook Pro. I find the MacBook lighter and easier to cart around. The 15 MBP is a nice machine, but I, like you, worry about carrying around a $2000+ computer. Get the MacBook - you'll be happy with it.