MacBook Running Extremely Hot!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacAndrew07, Jan 11, 2014.

1. MacAndrew07 macrumors member

Okay I'm pretty sure this is NOT normal. I bought this MacBook in 2009 and it's been running great! Until 2011 that's when things started to get HOT.:confused:
    I explain! Whenever I'm on YouTube Tumblr (with Gifs) etc the MacBook temps start to rise at insane levels like shown bellow.

This is Celsius NOT fahrenheit!

[​IMG]

I've cleaned up the fans and replaced the thermal paste.. and it's still happening!

I thought the laptop would shut it self off to pervent damage when it reached 100º but no it's still going and I've seen this guy going all the way to 117º when using iMovie! I have to shut it off otherwise I'm affraid the logic board and the processor will melt!.

I've ran AHT and this shown up!.

[​IMG]

Can someone help me! I cannot loose this laptop since Its my only computer I've got and I cannot afford a new one! I need it for college!! :(

Attached Files:

2. Zotaccian macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

I think it points to a sensor problem on the motherboad.

3. MacAndrew07 thread starter macrumors member

Problem solved! I re-applied thermal paste on the processor, cleaned the fan blades runs a lot cooler now ;)

And AHT does not give any more errors

Attached Files:

4. Zotaccian macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

Great!
    I probably should also do the same, under light usage there are no problems altough I haven't monitored temps that much, but after some usage, like watching Netflix the fans will spin full speed and mouse will start to lag. As soons I stop watching Netflix and let everything to settle all is fine. Cooling on these machines is not the best and I guess that if there is dust or thermal paste has dried the cooling just cannot keep up with heat.

5. MacAndrew07 thread starter macrumors member

Replacing the thermal paste aftter a while is the best thing you can do with this machines! Right now I'm running Final Cut Express and iMovie and rendering the temps are only at 75 80 degrees Cº. Not bad at all... except flash on YouTube that thing uses a lot of CPU... :( any help for that??