Macbook - Running games on external monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Narcosynthesis, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Narcosynthesis macrumors member

I am using a new white macbook, running in a dual screen setup with a 19" monitor. This is currently setup so that the dock in in the bottom screen along with the toolbar, and applications and windows can be dragged p to the larger screen when wanted.

I just got myself a mac copy of Command and Conquer 3, but am having problems getting it to run on the screen I want - whenever it opens it automatically opens on the smaller 'main' screen, and gives me no option I can see to move it to the larger screen.

What can I do to sort this out? I don't really want to change the setup of the screens (it would probably make more sense to see the way I have to have everything setup to fit on the desk...), but at the moment can't see any other option..

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It's not hard to change the main display, and it doesn't do any damage to your desktop setup in the process. That's what I'd do.

3. finnschi macrumors 6502

Thats the Problem with Cider Ports, they will ONLY run on your main monitor, no chanche to stop that, if you see a "real " mac game like CoD4 is asking you which monitor to use before it starts! so the only way is to temp. set the "big" screen as your main monitor! :apple:

4. timestoby macrumors 6502

yeah,like fin said. set the big mon to be main monitor

5. finnschi macrumors 6502

I Wonder what the Terminal Command for changing this is, so maybe we could make a script, that will change the Monitor arrangement before starting a game and then automatic change it back when the user has closed the game, shouldn't be too hard...! :D